Over the past six months we’ve written in our Today in Technology series about historical tech developments and the insights they provide for our current day. As the calendar flips to 2018, we are looking back at the top tech issues of the last year, offering our perspectives for the coming 12 months, recapping what we’ve learned, and sharing how Microsoft is helping to address these issues. The following are our top 10.
- CYBERSECURITY: From WannaCry and electoral attacks to a Digital Geneva Convention
- IMMIGRATION: From the travel ban to DACA to the green card backlog
- TECHNOLOGY FOR RURAL COMMUNITIES: Ensuring a fair shot for everyone
- DIVERSITY AND TECH: A watershed year
- PRIVACY AND SURVEILLANCE: More milestones in an eventful decade
- AI AND ITS ROLE IN SOCIETY: The future of technology
- SUSTAINABILITY AND THE PARIS ACCORD: The U.S.