The data gathering portion of my Thesis is done! Whew! I actually managed to get some teachers to interact with my e-learning app. Analysis has begun, and results are looking pretty good :-)
So what! Don't you want to see what I did? Well, here you go. My TPACK (Z)app.
You'll see that it is not actually fully complete. When I designed the module, I had a grand plan for it, but I couldn't get the whole thing done on time.… Visit the author's original post
After many months, I'm just about ready to release the beta test of my thesis/project. Afterwards, if all is well, it will be released to two middle schools within my school district. Today I finished my intro video, which will be the first part of the module that users are introduced to. My goal was to use Knowles's andragogy principles to grab the audiences' attention. I'm crossing my fingers it works.
Here is the video:
My String Orchestra class didn't go exactly as planned this week, and it's all OneNote's fault. On Tuesday we were supposed to continue in our method book, working on playing in the key of F Major. We were going to get to the next page and play one of my favorite songs, Waltzing Matilda! Alas, it did not happen thanks to that cape-wearing purple program called OneNote, and her little sidekick Office Lens.
I've been using Sway more frequently as a go-to tool in my classroom. As my multimedia students create digital artifacts, aka "their assignments," I'm taking advantage of the opportunities to incorporate some school-wide goals.
Over time, the information I've been required to post on my classroom whiteboard has evolved from a Learning Objective, to the Learning Objective + Classwork and Homework agenda, to a Learning Target (students will Know X and Understand Y by Doing Z) + the Classwork and Homework agenda. It's a lot of information. Don't get me wrong, it's totally appropriate and necessary for students' learning, but there's an issue. I teach five completely different classes, so getting all that information on display for all the students is a challenge.… Visit the author's original post
Testing this thing out to see how it works and how I can use it. It has an embedding function, which I always appreciate, so here goes :-)
btw, this is just a bunch of random stuff.
Two things about me:
1. I've always been a BYOD teacher. When I stepped into my classroom for the first time eleven years ago and saw the dinosaur computer sitting on my desk, I knew I'd have to supply my own hardware if I wanted to get anything done electronically. I first bought a Dell XPS laptop for work/life, which over the years eventually turned into a Samsung laptop. This was replaced two years ago by my current device, a Surface Pro (generation 1).… Visit the author's original post
So much has changed, since I opened the door and fell into the deep, dark, pit of TPACK research. As a result, my project's design is changing....for the better :-)
New design = New navigation, so here is what I've done in the past two days. Colors are weird, but I like the animations(?). The colors will be fixed later.
My latest set of questions/activities, last ones involving the mouse and keyboard. I've had to increase the text and add some "glowing" effects to objects in order to increase the activities' ease of use. I'm also implementing a zooming function so users can increase the size of the activities. Of course, as I'm typing this, I'm already noticing a graphic error :-/
These questions apply knowledge from section 1 questions, although the 2nd part isn't really a question as much as it is a process for the user to follow. The idea is to show the user they can troubleshoot a simple problem on their own, instead of just making a phone call or putting in a ticket to IT. This still has loose ends and missing elements, but the meat of the section is there.